Troubleshooting 2FA Wrong Token
If you are receiving an error 'Wrong Token' when entering your 2FA code, the most common cause is the time on your mobile device may be out of Sync.
Please follow the below instructions to ensure that you have the correct time set on your device.
What is in this Article?
- Android 2FA Troubleshoot
- iPhone 2FA Troubleshoot
- Other common reasons for your 2FA token not being accepted
Android 2FA Troubleshoot
The first step, on your Android device, please also ensure that your Date and Time on your System Settings is set to 'Automatic date and time'. You can locate Date and Time by searching for this in your Android settings utilising the instructions below.
Please do note that each Android Device user interface may differ from the visual displayed below. If Automatic date and time is not displayed, please try and search up ‘Date’ or ‘Date & time’ instead.
Figure 1. 2FA Token Not Working - (Android Device Settings - Automatic date and time)
The second step, you will need to sync the time on your Google Authenticator App. Please utilise the instructions provided below.
- Go to your Google Authenticator App.
- Tap on the Three Veritical Dot.
- Select Settings.
- Select Time correction for codes.
- Select Sync now.
iPhone 2FA Troubleshoot
If you are receiving 2FA wrong token from your Apple/iPhone device, please ensure that both of your Google Authenticator App and iPhone iOS version is updated to the latest version. Afterwards, please try the troubleshoot method highlighted below.
- Go to the iPhone Settings App.
- Select General.
- Select Date & Time.
- Enable Set Automatically.
- If this is already enabled, disable this and re-enable again within 5 seconds and restart your mobile device afterwards.
Other common reasons for your 2FA token not being accepted
- When entering your 2FA token, please pay extra attention and ensure that you are using the correct 2FA token. You may also have other 2FA tokens for other websites and accounts.
- Ensure that your Google Authenticator App and mobile device software is updated to the latest version.
- When entering your 6-digit token, please ensure that you are not entering any spaces between the token. For example, the 2FA token visually displayed on the app may look like 123 456, please enter in 123456 instead.
- Allowing yourself adequate time to enter your 2FA token before it refreshes. The 2FA token refreshes every 30 seconds.
- Ensure you are using the correct 2FA token for your respective CoinSpot accounts email address, you may have an individual, SMSF or Business CoinSpot account.
- If you have recently disabled your App Based 2FA and have set up 2FA again, please ensure that your old 2FA is unbinded and you are using your new 2FA token.
Need more help?
Please submit your request via Zendesk - https://coinspot.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
or start a conversation with us via Live Chat and our team will provide full instructions and advice.