2FA (Two factor authentication) ensures your account is kept safe by requiring you to generate a code each time you log in.
To set 2FA up:
- Log into your account
- Select 'Enable 2FA' in the yellow banner or select Account --> Settings --> Security and click 'Enable Two Factor Authentication;
- Download and install 'Google Authenticator' from the Apple App Store or Android Play
- Click the red plus sign
- Click 'Scan a barcode'
- Put your camera over the barcode in your account section
- Once successfully scanned by the camera, enter the token (6 digit number) and click submit
- 2FA will now be set up correctly on your account
See a video here:
How to use 2FA:
- Enter your username and password
- Click the 'I'm not a Robot' to pass captcha
- Optionally select the images captcha requests
- Open your 'Google Authenticator' app
- Enter the token (6 digit number) generated under the CoinSpot account (says @CoinSpot at the end)
- Select Submit
- Now you will be logged in
- ONLY USE THE SMS RECOVERY IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO LOGIN USING GOOGLE AUTHENTICATOR
If you have a new phone, please submit a request (top right) and select the appropriate category for your query.