The security of your CoinSpot account is paramount
Please note that receiving a 2FA code via SMS is less secure than using a 2FA device and we recommend having SMS Authentication DISABLED on your account and using 2FA authenticator on a secure device instead.
It is highly recommended to use a Two-Factor Authentication application such as the Google Authenticator App (or other two-step verification token services) to generate the token for your 2FA. The SMS 2FA feature should only be used if you have lost access to your chosen Two-Factor Authenticator application.
You can enable/disable the SMS 2FA feature via the security section within your CoinSpot account, we have provided steps below for you to refer to.
What is in this article?
- Desktop Web Browser - (Enable SMS 2FA)
- CoinSpot Mobile App - (Enable SMS 2FA)
- Can you send SMS 2FA to a non-Australian Mobile Number?
- Other causes of not receiving SMS 2FA Token
Desktop Web Browser - (Enable SMS 2FA)
1. Press on the following My Account Menu(1) > Security(2).
Figure 1. Enable SMS 2FA - Desktop Web Browser (My Account Menu - Security)
2. Select Disable SMS Security Token(1) tab > Enter your current App Based 2FA token(2) > Then select Enable SMS Security Token(3).
Figure 2. Enable SMS 2FA - Desktop Web Browser - (Enabling SMS Security Token)
*Receiving ‘Wrong Token’ message? Please have a read of our 2FA Token Not working article.
CoinSpot Mobile App - (Enable SMS 2FA)
1. Press on 'Account' once logged into the App.
Figure 3. Enable SMS 2FA - CoinSpot Mobile App - (Account)
2. Select the 'Security' option on the menu.
Figure 4. Enable SMS 2FA - CoinSpot Mobile App - (Security)
3. Press on the drop down menu under SMS Security Token(1) > Then select Enable(2).
Figure 5. Enable SMS 2FA - CoinSpot Mobile App - (Enabling SMS Security Token)
4. You will then be prompted with the ability to enter your App Based 2FA token(1) to enable SMS 2FA > Then tap on Enable SMS 2FA(2).
*Please do note that when switching from your CoinSpot App to your Google Authenticator App, you will need to memorise your 2FA token, please also ensure that you leave adequate timing.
**Receiving ‘Wrong Token’ message? Please have a read of our 2FA Token Not working article.
Figure 6. Enable SMS 2FA - CoinSpot Mobile App- (Entering 2FA Token to Enable)
Can you send SMS 2FA to a non-Australian Mobile Number?
Please note that the SMS feature can only be sent to a valid Australian phone number. If you are not in Australia or plan to go overseas, please ensure that your 2FA is set up correctly so you are able to log in to your account.
Other causes of not receiving SMS 2FA
If you have not received your SMS 2FA Token, often the cause is the following:
- Your mobile number has changed and is different to the one on your CoinSpot account. You will need to submit a request to Account Recovery (My Phone Number has changed) to update this.
- If your SMS 2FA has been disabled, please reach out to our Support Team to assist you with re-enabling this.
- Ensure you are in a location with good cellular reception to receive SMS text messages.
- Restart your mobile device and re-insert your SIM card, then request for a SMS 2FA token.
- Tap on 'Resend Token' 1-3 times after the initial request.
Need more help?
Please submit your request via Zendesk - https://coinspot.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
or start a conversation with us via Live Chat and our team will provide full instructions and advice.