In line with international exchanges, we are halting trading of Safex on CoinSpot. We are assessing available options and will provide an update as soon as possible.
We appreciate your patience and apologise for the inconvenience.
Update (18 December):
- We currently have no ETA for when buying and selling will be enabled
- We will enable as soon as we have a market available to fulfilling sell/buy orders
- We are keeping an eye on Safex updates - the community is very active which bodes well for its future
- The Safex you purchased can be withdrawn to your own personal Safex wallet
Update (29 December):
- Safex withdrawals are processing faster
- We still do not have an ETA, apologies for the inconvenience
- Trade Satoshi has a market for Safex (https://www.tradesatoshi.com/)
- We are not associated with Trade Satoshi but we are aware you can sell Safex on their website and as such provide no guarantees for their reliability or service - please do your own due diligence on the exchange and whether you wish to use their services
- As an alternative you can generate a wallet on their site and withdraw your Safex from CoinSpot and deposit it in your Trade Satoshi account
- Once on their site, you can sell Safex for BTC and withdraw your BTC
Update (31 December):
- If you are in a position that you wish to sell Safex straight away and you do not wish to setup an account on Trade Satoshi, you can make a request that we process the sale for you
- The price will be the maximum amount of BTC we can get for the amount of Safex you currently have - this will vary depending on when the sale is processed and the amount of Safex you have to sell
- The sale will be processed as soon as possible after we receive your request email - please do not send time sensitive requests
- Please send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
Update (15 March):
- Please note there are no immediate plans to add Safex buy and sell back to CoinSpot
- We will be ceasing the manual sale of Safex (as described 31 December) on the March 28
Update (29 March):
- Please note CoinSpot can no longer offer the manual sale of Safex for BTC.
- Safex send transactions are still available from your CoinSpot Safex wallet.