Steps to Enable 2FA on your CoinSpot account:
- Once logged in, select Account.
- Then select "Security" from the drop down options.
- And click 'Enable Two Factor Authentication
- Now on your mobile phone you need to install Google authenticator (or alternative two-step verification token service). These can be found from your phones 'Play Store' or 'App Store'
- After you install the Google authenticator app, open it and choose to 'Add an account' and 'Scan a barcode', see the below image:
- Place your mobile phone over the barcode on your CoinSpot account and scan it.
If you are using the same device for setting up 2FA and logging into your CoinSpot account, then please select 'Enter a Provided Key' and after that, copy and paste the 'Secret' into your Google authenticator app.
NOTE: THE SECRET IS THE LONG STRING OF TEXT.
- After you have scanned the QR code or entered in the provided key you will see the new 2FA token available in your Google authenticator app, it will look like this:
- Next step is to enter this current 2FA token into CoinSpot to confirm the final stage of setting up your accounts 2FA.
After 30 seconds, this token will refresh to a new token. Make sure you enter the token before the timer runs out on your Google authenticator app.
2FA will now be set up correctly on your account.
If you have any issues with the process, please lodge a support ticket (Top Right corner)