Due to the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 a full identity check is required to be able to deposit or withdraw AUD from CoinSpot. Please note, you may receive a call from one of our team members to confirm the details on the account before it is verified. The minimum age to apply for a CoinSpot account is 16 years old.
Steps to Verify your CoinSpot account:
- Click on the 'Account' page.
- Then select the 'Verification' page.
- Verify your email address and your mobile phone number, you will see the green tick next to the column once this has been approved.
- Enter in your Account Holder Details.
- Answer the below question and select your Account Type. If you want further information on setting up an SMSF or Business account, then please contact support.
- You must upload the front and back of your Australian Drivers Licence. If you cannot supply this then you can click on No Drivers Licence?.
- Clicking on No Drivers Licence? will allow you choose to upload one or more verification documents. This can only be an Australian Drivers licence, Australian Passport or Proof of Age Card.
Choosing to upload an Australian Passport or Proof of Age Card will also require you to complete Additional Document Verification.
This can be either a Medicare Card or a Birth Certificate. Press Continue once completed.
- Also upload a Residency Document to confirm your Australian Address.
- Final step of the verification process is to upload the CoinSpot Verification Photo. Once you upload that then press Submit for Verification.
NOTE: That your Secret Code will not be the same as the above. The above is only an example and everyone's secret code will be unique for their account.
- The Account Holder Details will show a yellow banner stating "In Progress" this means your verification details are under review.
Once your account has been successfully verified your page will look like this:
Once you have successfully submitted the photos required for verification our team will review your submission and contact you via email of the outcome. You also may receive a call from our verification team to ensure your identity.
Please note we do not accept .pdf documents. Please ensure you upload in .jpg or .png format