Security is at the forefront of everything we do.
It is always important to be careful when trading on digital currency exchanges. Below are some recommendations.
- Have a different email address specifically for your CoinSpot account rather than using your work or personal email address.
- Communication to and from CoinSpot should be treated as sensitive, especially if you have provided personal or account information via email. Please consider permanently deleting any correspondence from your email account inbox.
- Do not store any private documents in your email (e.g. drivers licence details, photo of your passport, etc..) these can be used to steal your identity.
- Activate 2FA wherever you can - print your recovery codes in case you need to install 2FA on another device.
- Use complex passwords for your email and accounts, you can use random password generators (such as Lastpass) which will also store your passwords for you.
- Print passwords on paper and keep them safe, you don't want to lose them.
- Don't trade while on a public WiFi, these are often not secure. \
- Bookmark the address for exchanges and wallets and avoid clicking advert and third party links.
- Never give your 2FA code, user name and password or sensitive information to someone on the phone or via email. CoinSpot will never request these details over the phone or via email.
- Store coins and tokens in your own private cold storage device.
- Do not send coins and tokens to any persons you don't 100% trust. An individual approaching you promising extraordinary returns are likely going to steal your funds. You wouldn't give a stranger cash would you?
- Do not give another person remote access to your devices under any circumstance. A popular example of remote access includes installing software such as Anydesk.
- Educate yourself on what some common scams are and how to protect yourself from these scams in this article here
Need more help?
Please submit your request via Zendesk - https://coinspot.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
or start a conversation with us via Live Chat and our team will provide full instructions and advice.