Interested in diversifying your SMSF investments to include Cryptocurrency?
Thousands of Australian’s are utilising their Self Managed Super Funds to invest in cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Ripple (XRP) and many others. At CoinSpot we make managing your cryptocurrency and Self Managed Super Funds as simple as possible.
Before you get started with CoinSpot you will need to establish your SMSF Trust with an applicable firm such as New Brighton Capital or one of the many others available. Once established, you will be able to set up your dedicated SMSF account with Australia's most trusted digital currency exchange!
What is in this article?
- Benefits of using CoinSpot to manager your SMSF's cryptocurrency portfolio
- What do I need to get started?
- Step by step guide
- What are the tax implications of using an SMSF to trade Cryptocurrency?
Benefits of using CoinSpot to manage your SMSF’s cryptocurrency portfolio
- Easy to use interface.
- Dedicated account management & on-boarding specialist team to assist with initial or ongoing enquiries.
- 24/7 Support Team available.
- You can choose to invest in over 350+ different cryptocurrencies.
- Easily manage your tax and audit obligations with EOFY year reporting.
- Read-only API interface for accountants and fund managers to track your portfolio.
- OTC (Over-The-Counter) services available for high volume trading.
- Trade from asset-to-asset (coin-to-coin) with any currency on the platform.
- Industry best practice security protocols.
What do I need to get started?
In order to create a Self Managed Super Fund account on CoinSpot you will need the following:
- Drivers Licence or Passport (All Directors & Individual Trustees)
- Registered Trust name & address
- Trust ABN
- A signed copy of the Trust deed
- Trust beneficiary details
- A pen, paper and camera handy to take a verification photo with the verification statement
Step by step guide
Once you are ready to start we have a step by step guide that can be accessed here.
We also have a friendly local Support Team here to help you get setup and assist with any questions you may have.
Contact our helpful team today!
What are the tax implications of using an SMSF to trade Cryptocurrency?
Please note, that we do not provide any tax or financial advice. Self Managed Super Funds are highly regulated and have specific audit requirements. We recommend that you speak to a registered tax professional for individual advice and to check the Australian Tax Office and Business.gov websites for the latest information.
The ATO provides tax information about using your SMSF to purchase Cryptocurrencies, you can read that information on their website here:
Need more help?
Please submit your request via Zendesk - https://coinspot.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
or you can reach our dedicated SMSF Team directly at email@example.com