Enable App Based 2FA to add an extra layer of security!
At CoinSpot we offer users the ability to enable App Based 2FA, strengthening the security of their CoinSpot account beyond the traditional email and password access. Through the use of an Authenticator app, you will be able to generate a unique code every 30 seconds right from your desired device.
Although App Based 2FA is not a requirement for users, it is highly recommended that App Based 2FA is enabled on your CoinSpot account at all times.
Download Google Authenticator
1. Download Google Authenticator from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
There are alternative two-factor authentication apps that will also work, however, Google Authenticator is the authenticator app of choice recommended to our users.
Figure 1. CoinSpot Mobile App - 2FA Set Up - (Google Authenticator)
Locating Two-Factor Authentication
2. Log in to your CoinSpot account through the CoinSpot Mobile App, then tap on the 'Account Menu Icon'.
Figure 2. CoinSpot Mobile App - 2FA Set Up - (Account Button)
3. Next, locate and select the ‘Security’ menu.
Figure 3. CoinSpot Mobile App - 2FA Set Up - (Security Button)
4. Once on the Security page, select Two Factor Authentication(1) drop down menu > Select Enable(2).
Figure 4. CoinSpot Mobile App - 2FA Set Up - (Two Factor Authentication Section)
Enabling your Two-Factor Authenticator
5. Copy the Secret Code. To copy this select the ‘Copy to clipboard button’ .
*Do not select the 'x icon' to exit the popup, doing so will change your 'Secret Code' and you will receive invalid 2FA token when entering your 2FA token to set up App Based 2FA.
Figure 5. CoinSpot Mobile App - 2FA Set Up - (Secret Code)
6. Open up your Google Authenticator App > Select the + Icon(1) > Then select Enter a setup key(2).
Figure 6. CoinSpot Mobile App - 2FA Set Up - (Enter a Setup Key)
7. Enter an Account Name(1), for ease of locating, you can name this as CoinSpot and your CoinSpot email address > Paste your Secret Code into the Your Key(2) field > Afterwards tap on Add(3).
Figure 7. CoinSpot Mobile App - 2FA Set Up - (Manual Set Up)
Finalising setting up Google Authenticator
8. Copy or memorise your 2FA token from your Google Authenticator App.
Holding down on your 2FA Token will copy your token to your clipboard to paste.
Below is an example of the Google Authenticator Token.
Figure 8. CoinSpot Mobile App - 2FA Set Up - (2FA Token Example)
9. Navigate back to the CoinSpot Mobile App > Enter your 2FA Token(1) into the text field > Select Enable(2).
The Google Authenticator Token will expire within 30 seconds, ensure that you leave enough time to enter your token.
If you are receiving a Wrong Token message when setting up 2FA, please ensure you are not in incognito mode or read our 2FA Token not working article.
Figure 9. CoinSpot Mobile App - 2FA Set Up - (Manual Set Up)
10. Congratulations, App Based 2FA has been successfully set up using the CoinSpot Mobile App!
Figure 10. CoinSpot Mobile App - 2FA Set Up - (2FA Set Up Complete)
Need more help?
Please submit your request via Zendesk - https://coinspot.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
or start a conversation with us via Live Chat and our team will provide full instructions and advice.