It is highly recommended to use a Two-Factor Authentication application such as the Google Authenticator App (or other two-step verification token services) to generate the token for your 2FA. The SMS 2FA feature should only be enabled if you have lost access to your chosen Two-Factor Authenticator application.
You can disable the SMS 2FA feature via the security section within your CoinSpot account, we have provided steps below for you to refer to.
What is in this article?
- Desktop Web Browser - (Enable SMS 2FA)
- CoinSpot Mobile App - (Enable SMS 2FA)
- Still unable to receive SMS 2FA Tokens?
Desktop Web Browser - (Enable SMS 2FA)
1. Press on the following My Account Menu(1) > Security(2).
Figure 1. Enable SMS 2FA - Desktop Web Browser (My Account Menu - Security)
2. Select Disable SMS Security Token(1) tab > Enter your current App Based 2FA token(2) > Then select Enable SMS Security Token(3).
⭑Receiving ‘Wrong Token’ message? Please have a read of our 2FA Token Not working article.
Figure 2. Enable SMS 2FA - Desktop Web Browser - (Enabling SMS Security Token)
CoinSpot Mobile App - (Enable SMS 2FA)
1. Press on the 'My Account Menu' icon once logged into the App.
Figure 3. Enable SMS 2FA - CoinSpot Mobile App - (Account)
2. Select the 'Security' option on the menu.
Figure 4. Enable SMS 2FA - CoinSpot Mobile App - (Security)
3. Tap on ‘SMS Security Token’.
Figure 5. Enable SMS 2FA - CoinSpot Mobile App - (SMS Security Token)
4. Tap on ‘Enable’.
Figure 6. Enable SMS 2FA - CoinSpot Mobile App - (Enabling SMS Security Token)
5. You will then be prompted with the ability to enter your App Based 2FA token(1) to enable SMS 2FA > Then tap on Confirm(2).
⭑Please do note that when switching from your CoinSpot App to your Google Authenticator App, you will need to memorise your 2FA token, please also ensure that you leave adequate timing.
⭑⭑Receiving ‘Wrong Token’ message? Please have a read of our 2FA Token Not working article.
Figure 7. Enable SMS 2FA - CoinSpot Mobile App- (Entering 2FA Token to Enable)
Still unable to receive SMS 2FA Tokens?
If you are unable to receive any SMS 2FA Tokens, please have a read of our Troubleshoot article on not receiving SMS 2FA Token.
In the event you are unable to log into your CoinSpot account to re-enable SMS 2FA, please contact our Support Team for further assistance.
Need more help?
Please submit your request via Zendesk - https://coinspot.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
or start a conversation with us via Live Chat and our team will provide full instructions and advice.