Enabling App Based 2FA adds an extra layer of security!
At CoinSpot we offer users the ability to enable 2FA to strengthen the security of their CoinSpot account, beyond the traditional email and password access. Through the use of an authenticator app, this generates unique codes every 30 seconds which only arrive into their registered device.
Although App Based 2FA is not a requirement for users, it is highly recommended that App Based 2FA is enabled on users CoinSpot account at all times.
Download Google Authenticator
1. Download Google Authenticator from the App Store or Google Play Store.
There are alternative two-factor authentication apps that will also work, however, Google Authenticator is the authenticator app of choice we recommend to our users.
Figure 1. How to setup 2FA - (Google Authenticator)
Locating Two-Factor Authentication
2. Select My Account Menu(1) > Security(2).
Figure 2. How to setup 2FA - My Account Menu (Security)
3. Then Select Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)(1) > Enable Two Factor Authentication(2).
Figure 3. How to setup 2FA - (Enabling Two-Factor Authentication)
Please note - If your App Based 2FA is enabled but not working correctly, please disable your two-factor authentication and re-enable it to correctly set up your 2FA. Information on how to Reset your 2FA.
Scanning the QR Code
4. After clicking ‘Enable Two Factor Authentication’ you will now see a QR code and *Secret code.
*Secret code is displayed only once, you can save the Secret code somewhere safe to restore your 2FA in the event you have lost your 2FA.
Figure 4. How to setup 2FA - (Example - 2FA QR Code)
5. Open the Google Authenticator App > Tap on '+ Icon' > Select Scan a QR code or Enter a Setup Key.
Figure 5. How to setup 2FA - (Adding a New Account)
5a. When scanning the QR code, tap on 'Scan a QR code' and align your mobile phone camera over the QR Code displayed on the CoinSpot Security page.
Optional - Manual 2FA Setup (For users setting up 2FA on their account via the Mobile Web Browser)
5b. If you are logged into CoinSpot via the same mobile device as the one you are trying to setup 2FA with, select 'Enter a setup key'.
Enter the Account Name, you can name this as CoinSpot and your CoinSpot email address for ease of locating.
Copy the Setup Key (Secret code) shown above the QR code on the CoinSpot Security page, your Google Authenticator App.
Figure 6. How to setup 2FA - (Manual Setup)
Finalising setting up 2FA
6. Once you have successfully added your CoinSpot 2FA to Google Authenticator, the below will be displayed.
Figure 7. How to setup 2FA - (Example - 2FA Token)
7. Head on back to the CoinSpot Security Page and enter your 6 digit token from your Google Authenticator App to finalise the setup.
Figure 8. How to setup 2FA - (Enter 2FA Token to Finalise Setup)
Please Note - After 30 seconds, this token will refresh to a new token. Make sure you enter the token before the timer runs out on your Google Authenticator App. The timer will be displayed as a blue circle which will be lapsing.
If you are receiving a Wrong Token message when setting up 2FA, please ensure you are not in incognito mode or read our 2FA token not working article.
8. Congratulations you have successfully enabled 2FA on your CoinSpot account!
Figure 9. How to setup 2FA - (2FA Setup Complete)
Need more help?
Please submit your request via Zendesk - https://coinspot.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
or start a conversation with us via Live Chat and our team will provide full instructions and advice.