Our list of security features now has Geo-Lock Logins easily accessible to our users!
At CoinSpot, we offer an assortment of security features for users to protect and secure their CoinSpot account. One of those features is called Geo-Lock Logins, which allows users the ability to restrict logins to Australia only whilst blocking international logins.
We highly recommend our users ENABLE Geo-Lock Logins to prevent attempted unauthorised international logins.
If users are planning on travelling overseas or leaving Australia permanently we would recommend users have this disabled.
What is in this article?
- How to enable Geo Lock Logins
- How to disable Geo Lock Logins
- Disabling Geo-Lock Logins via Account Recovery
How to enable Geo-Lock Logins
1. Press on the My Account Menu(1) > Select Security(2).
For Mobile Web Browser users attempting to locate the Account Menu or Security Page, head on over to Locating My Account Menu - Mobile Web Browser article.
Figure 1. Enabling Geo-Lock Logins (My Account Menu - Security)
2. Press on Geo-Lock Logins(1) and then select Enable Geo-Lock Logins(2).
Figure 2. Enabling Geo-Lock Logins (Enabling Geo-Lock Logins)
3. Congratulations, you have now successfully enabled Geo-Lock Logins!
Figure 3. Enabling Geo-Lock Logins (Successfully Enabled)
For a full list of security recommendations, please have a read of our help article.
How to disable Geo-Lock Logins
Planning to travel overseas in the not too distant future? Have Geo-Lock Logins enabled and wish to access your CoinSpot account abroad? You can disable Geo-Lock Logins before leaving Australia.
To disable this you will need to have App Based 2FA enabled to disable Geo-Lock Logins.
If you do not have App Based 2FA enabled, please follow the instructions in our How to setup 2FA article.
If you are currently overseas and have Geo-Lock Logins enabled, please submit an Authorisation Photo via Account recoveries (Geo-Lock Disable).
1. Press on My Account Menu(1) > Select Security(2).
Figure 4. Disabling Geo-Lock Logins (My Account Menu - Security)
2. Select Geo-Lock Logins(1), Enter your 2FA token(2) and select Disable Geo-Lock Logins(3).
*If you are receiving wrong token message, please have a read of our 2FA token not working article.
Figure 5. Disabling Geo-Lock Logins (Enter 2FA Token)
3. Congratulations, you have now successfully disabled Geo-Lock Logins!
Figure 6. Disabling Geo-Lock Logins (Successfully Disabled)
Disabling Geo-Lock Logins via Account Recovery
In the event you are unable to disable Geo-Lock Logins yourself as you are overseas, you are now able to request for Geo-Lock Logins to be disabled via our new self service area located via Account Recovery (Geo-Lock Disable).
1. Once in the Geo-Lock Account Recovery page, enter the account email and click Submit Geo-Lock Disable Request.
Figure 7. Disabling Geo-Lock Logins (Request to Disable)
2. Submit your photo ensuring all note requirements are covered and the team will reach out via email with the outcome.
Figure 8. Disabling Geo-Lock Logins (Submit Request)
Please allow some short time before your submission is reviewed by the team and await the email outcome response.
Need more help?
Please submit your request via Zendesk - https://coinspot.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
or start a conversation with us via Live Chat and our team will provide full instructions and advice.