It is always important to be careful when trading on digital currency exchanges. Below are some recommendations.
- Have a different email address for your account than your personal email address
- Activate 2FA wherever you can - print your recovery codes in case you need to install 2FA on another device
- Use complex passwords for your email and accounts, you can use random password generators (such as Lastpass) which will also store your passwords for you
- Print passwords on paper and keep them safe, you don't want to lose them
- Don't trade while on a public WiFi, these are often not secure
- Bookmark the address for exchanges and wallets and avoid clicking advert and third party links
- Never give your 2FA code, user name and password or sensitive information to someone on the phone or via email. CoinSpot will never request these details over the phone or via email.
- Store coins and tokens in your own private cold storage device