Deposit with your Debit or Credit Card today!
Introducing Card Deposits! CoinSpot has added Card Deposits to the growing list of AUD deposit options for users. Only available through the CoinSpot Website.
We have made it easy for users to make quick and secure AUD deposits to their CoinSpot account. Additionally, this provides our community with greater options and flexibility when choosing their preferred deposit method for funding their CoinSpot account.
Rather than depositing through a mobile banking app or internet banking page, you can now save your Debit or Credit card details to make AUD deposits directly into your account from the CoinSpot platform.
All deposits from Debit or Credit cards will be instant with a low fee of 2.58% per deposit. Below we have highlighted how you can start depositing using a Debit or Credit card today.
What is in this article?
- How do I make a Card Deposit?
- What Cards do you accept?
- How fast are Card Deposits and what is the maximum I can deposit?
- Is there a fee for Card Deposit?
- Why is my Card Deposit failing to process?
How do I make a Card Deposit?
1. At the top of your Dashboard, select ‘Deposit Funds’.
Figure 1. Card Deposit - (Deposit Funds)
2. On the Deposit Funds page, select ‘Card Deposit’.
Figure 2. Card Deposit - (Card Deposit Button)
3. Enter the Deposit Amount(1) > Enter in your App Based 2FA Code(2) > Then press on CONTINUE TO Card Deposit Process(3).
⭑Optional: Select the checkbox to save your card details for faster future Card Deposits.
- ⭑⭑Optional: If you do not have App Based 2FA enabled. Press on send the code via SMS.
- If SMS 2FA does not work, you can enable App Based 2FA by following the instructions provided in How to set up 2FA article.
- If you are having issues with your App Based 2FA Token, please have a read of our 2FA Token not working article.
Figure 3. Card Deposit - (Card Deposit Form)
4. You will be redirected to the Card Deposit Payment Portal, ensure your contact details are correct before proceeding.
Figure 4. Card Deposit - (Contact Details)
5. Navigate to Payment Method, enter in your Debit or Credit card details(1) into the fields > Select the checkbox(2) when you have read and agreed to the payment processing fees and Direct Debit T&C’s > Once you are ready to initiate the deposit, select Process Payment(3).
Figure 5. Card Deposit - (Card Payment Details)
6. Congratulations, your Card Deposit has been successfully processed!
Figure 6. Card Deposit - (Deposit History)
You can check the status of your deposit in ‘View Deposit History’ within Deposit Funds.
Figure 7. Card Deposit - (View Deposit History)
What Cards do you accept?
Only Australian Debit or Credit cards utilising Visa or Mastercard from an Australian banking institution under your name will be accepted.
We do not accept the following cards:
- International Debit or Credit cards
- American Express cards
- JCB (Japan Credit Bureau) cards
- Crypto Debit cards
- Prepaid cards
- Prepaid Gift cards
How fast are Card Deposits and what is the maximum I can deposit?
Card transactions speeds vary between banking institutions. All Card Deposits are generally instant, however please note that any unsuccessful transactions will be instantly declined with all funds returning to your bank account in use.
The maximum deposit amount using a Credit or Debit card is $200 AUD per 24hr.
Is there a fee for Card Deposit?
Any deposit made through a Debit or Credit card will incur a 2.58% fee.
For example, if you enter the deposit amount of $100, a 2.58% fee will be added on top of the $100 AUD. The total amount withdrawn from your bank account would be $102.58.
For further information on the fee breakdown, please refer to the Card Deposit payment portal and locate ‘Click here to see fee breakdown’.
Figure 8. Card Deposit - (Fee Breakdown)
Why is my Card Deposit failing to process?
If your Card Deposit is failing to process, please review this list for troubleshooting:
- Exceeding your Debit/Credit card daily withdrawal limit.
- Insufficient funds in your Debit/Credit card.
- There is a temporary lock applied on your Debit/Credit card.
- Your banking institution does not allow Debit/Credit card deposits to cryptocurrency exchanges.
If you are still experiencing failed deposits, we recommend you to reach out to your banking provider to discuss this further.
Alternatively, you can utilise other deposit methods such as PayID or Direct Deposit.
Need more help?
Please submit your request via Zendesk - https://coinspot.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
or start a conversation with us via Live Chat and our team will provide full instructions and advice.
Please sign in to leave a comment.